Sep 17, 2018
Diane Randall is the Executive Secretary of the Friends
Committee on National Legislation. Diane leads FCNL’s staff to
effectively educate and lobby for the policies and legislative
priorities established by FCNL’s General Committee. A lifelong
advocate for peace and social justice, Diane is a fierce proponent
for citizen engagement that advances policies and practices to
create a better society for all.
- Diane joined the organization in 2010
- FCNL is a Quaker organization that is over 75 years old, and
was the first "faith-based lobby"
- The organization has 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 arms, and employs 20
- FCNL is working on nuclear disarmament and AUMF issues, as well
as comprehensive immigration reform through the DREAM Act
- The organization also works with the Climate Solutions Caucus
in the House of Representatives on climate change issues
- Diane grew up in Omaha, Nebraska, and attended the University
of Nebraska, where she earned a degree in education
- She taught high school english for four years
- Her first foray into politics came after teaching, when she
worked for the Omaha Nuclear Freeze campaign
- She then moved to Connecticut, and slowly made her way into
lobbying on a number of social justice issues
Help us grow! Leave
us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new
listeners to the show.
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at:
Lobbying Show on Facebook, Instagram,
and Twitter for weekly
updates about the show, our guests, and more.