Sep 3, 2018
This week, we interviewed Vlad Cartwright
Strategies. Vlad leads and develops national, regional and
local campaigns and public awareness programs for some of America’s
largest trade associations and political action committees.
720 Strategies is a public relations and public affairs firm
based in Washington, DC with an 18-year track record of service to
its corporate and trade association clients.
- 720 Strategies was founded by Pam Fielding, and was originally
- Vlad started his career in 1989 working on Capitol Hill
- He then moved on to a trade organization, working in the
healthcare space on grassroots outreach.
- Vlad attended American University. He originally began
attending full time, but transitioned to part-time after getting a
position as a scheduler/body man for a congressman.
- Vlad went to Gonzaga College High School
- 720 focuses roughly 70% of its time on healthcare issues
- 720 has leveraged video in an increasing amount with the advent
and popularity of social media and streaming services
- Vlad has seen an increasing amount of work shifting to state
capitols from Congress
- 720 works closely with state lobbyists in each state that
they're active, relying on them for guidance and advice
- One suggestion for state-level lobbyists: Don't be afraid to
try new things from an advocacy perspective - i.e. grassroots and
- Advice for young folks trying to get into the business: Work
hard - happy hour can wait. Get an internship, and never think that
any work is beneath you.