Jun 15, 2020
Courtney Gillespie is the Director of Government Affairs for
TaskRabbit. TaskRabbit is a leading task management network that
conveniently connects people with "Taskers" to handle everyday home
to-do’s such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and
Acquired by Ingka Group in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in more
than 70 markets across the United States, the United Kingdom,
Canada, and France, and is headquartered in San Francisco.
- Courtney started her career working as a tour manager in Europe
for Contiki tours.
- The experience led her to pursue a degree in foreign service -
she received her masters in the field from Georgetown
- After graduating, Courtney served as a Presidential Management
Fellow, doing stints with the U.S. Navy, and the Department of
- She then moved on to serve as a foreign service officer with
the U.S. Department of State, doing work in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
and Bern, Switzerland.
- After her time at the State Dept., Courtney moved to San
Francisco - after doing some work at Twitter, she landed at Gilead
Sciences, where she rose to become Associate Director, Policy.
- In Courtney's current role as Dir. of Government Affairs at
TaskRabbit, Courtney oversees U.S. (state and federal) and
international government affairs for the company.
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best
way to bring new listeners to the show. Don't forget to
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him
Follow The Political Life on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for weekly updates.