is a global
science company with $32 billion in sales, operations in 71
countries, and 91,000 employees connecting with customers all
around the world.
- Omar was born and raised in Patterson, New Jersey
- He attended Seton Hall University for undergrad, then attended
American University for his post graduate degrees in law and
international economic development
- His first position after law school was with Cooper & Kirk,
- Omar then took a position with the Dept. of Justice, and served
in numerous roles including Special Assistant and Counsel, Office
on Violence Against Women, and Deputy Director, Office of
Intergovernmental and Public Liaison
- After his time with the DOJ, Omar took a position as Director,
Global Policy & Government Affairs at PepsiCo, and then as
Executive Director, Government Affairs at Praxair.
- Today, as Global Head of Government Affairs at 3M, Omar is the
chief public policy, legislative and political executive for the
company's U.S. and international businesses.
Help us grow! Leave
us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new
listeners to the show.
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at:
Lobbying Show on Facebook, Instagram,
and Twitter for weekly
updates about the show, our guests, and more.