Apr 1, 2019
Ashworth is the Director of State and Local Government
Affairs at Alibaba Group, a
multinational e-commerce company, headquartered in China.
- Bill Ashworth was raised in Wayne, New Jersey.
- Ashworth obtained his B.A. in Public Communications from
- He obtained his J.D. from Syracuse University College of
- His first foray into politics began with student government and
door knocking for a local city council campaign.
- While in law school at Syracuse University, he learned the nuts
and bolts of prosecutorial work at the New Jersey Attorney
- He worked as Policy Counsel at TechAmerica, then at Microsoft,
- He served as Senior Director of State Government Affairs, and
later as Senior Legal Director of Public Policy at Yahoo.
“Companies are recognizing the importance of state and
government affairs and they are building out those functions
accordingly and proportionately.”
Help us grow! Leave
us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new
listeners to the show.
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at:
Lobbying Show on Facebook, Instagram,
and Twitter for weekly
updates about the show, our guests, and more.