May 6, 2019
Chris Massey is the Head of Global Government Relations and
Public Policy at Square - a financial technology and IT service
management company designed for small businesses, based out of San
- Chris was raised in the Los Angeles area.
- He obtained his B.A. in Political Science/ History from
- His first role in government was as a Legislative Aide in the
U.S. Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources.
- After several years of working at lobbying firms like Cerrell Associates, Chris returned
to the public sector to serve as the deputy Chief of Staff and
Legislative Director for the City of Los Angeles.
- He was the President and Founder of Impact Group, a state and
local lobbying group.
- Chris spent 2 years working at Lyft between 2013-2015, serving as the
Senior Director of Government Relations.
- He also served as the VP of Government Relations & Business
Zenefits, where he led GR outreach.
“It’s critical that you can humanize a
Help us grow! Leave
us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new
listeners to the show.
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at:
Lobbying Show on Facebook, Instagram,
and Twitter for weekly
updates about the show, our guests, and more.