Jul 15, 2019
Hussey is the Director of Government Affairs & Public
Policy for Ericsson,
a multinational network and telecommunications company
headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden with over 90,000 employees.
Matthew has a background in engineering, the legislative process,
- Matthew obtained his bachelor’s degree in electrical
engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology and his MBA
with a focus in corporate finance from the University of
- After college, Matthew worked as a broadband engineer for Media
One / Road Runner, a corporate engineering and technology
- He transitioned to become a Senior Staff Consultant for Verizon
Communications while obtaining his MBA.
- He then joined the American Legislative Exchange
Council as the Telecommunications & IT Task Force
Director. Matthew had an interest in applying policy to the
technical aspects of his engineering background.
- Matthew transitioned to the public sector and became the Senior
Policy Advisor to U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe on issues pertaining
to telecommunications and education.
- For six years, he served as Associate Chief of Policy at the
Federal Communications Commission before taking on his current role
Help us grow! Leave
us a rating and review - it's the best way to bring new
listeners to the show.
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at:
Lobbying Show on Facebook, Instagram,
and Twitter for weekly
updates about the show, our guests, and more.