Dec 30, 2019
On today’s episode, we sit down with Ellen Anderson,
Director of Government Relations at Community Health Systems.
Although Ellen did not come from a political family, political
conversations with her grandfather sparked her interest in pursuing
a career in government.
Community Health Systems is one of the nation's biggest hospital
management companies, operating 106 acute care hospitals in 18
- Ellen is a first-generation American - both of her parents
immigrated to the U.S. from Chile
- Majored in Political Science with a minor in Latin American
Studies at the University of Central Florida
- Interned for the Florida House of Representatives as a
- Became Florida State Senator Nan Rich’s Legislative Aide where
she focused on children's issues and healthcare
- Ellen went to work for the Florida Hospital Association after
Sen. Rich left office in 2012
- In 2013 Ellen was appointed by Governor Rick Scott to the
Cabinet for Children and Youth
- In 2015, Ellen joined Community Health Systems where she
currently serves as the Director of Government Relations
Help us grow! Leave us a rating and review - it's the best way
to bring new listeners to the show.
Have a suggestion, or want to chat with Jim? Email him at
Follow The Lobbying Show on Facebook, Instagram,
and Twitter for
weekly updates about the show, our guests, and more.